The Treasury Department has joined the Tor Vergata Economics Foundation collegamento a sito esterno (established in December 2008), in order to promote both institutional activity and economic research and to participate, within the Foundation, in the activities of, the Observatory Riccardo Faini .
The Observatory, created in memory of Prof. Riccardo Faini, who was Director General of the Treasury Department and professor of Economic Policy at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, aims at:
- Promoting research in economics, monetary and financial issues both at a national and international level; monitoring the evolution of the Italian economy and public finance, also in collaboration with institutions, organizations, research centers and individual researchers interested in economics matters.
- Organizing and promoting seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Committing research plans to qualified persons on specific sectors related to the objectives of the Center.
- Developing initiatives to promote scholarships.
- Attending and promoting joint initiatives with national and international institutes and International Bodies.
- Securing external, private, public, national and European funds in order to increase research activities.