The Department of the Treasury
The Department of the Treasury, headed by the Director General of the Treasury, carries out activities of technical support for the Government's economic and financial policy choices, draws up macroeconomic strategies and the most relevant programming documents. The competences of the Department established by the DPR dated 20.2.1998, nr.38 and 28.4.1998, nr.154 and by the Decrees of the Ministry of the Treasury, Budget and Economic Planning dated 8.6.1998 and 19.12.2000 concern the following in particular:
- Analysis of national and international economic, monetary and financial problems;
- European Union and international economic and financial matters;
- Drawing up of economic and financial planning directions, in relation to the convergence and stability constraints resulting from Italy belonging to the European Union;
- Coverage of the financial requirements, indebtedness, management of national and foreign public debt and financial transactions, as well as analysis of the relative trends and flows;
- Regulations of the financial and banking system and surveillance over banking foundations;
- Currency-related fulfilments and by contrast recycling and usury phenomena;
- Financial management of State equities, exercise of shareholders' rights, transfer and placing of State equities on the financial market and relative inquiries;
- Consultation for pre-resolution activities of CIPE (Interdepartmental Committee for Economic Planning) and relative fulfilment for aspects for which the Department is competent;
- Management of the internal mobility within the Department and personnel specialized training.
The Department of the Treasury is divided into nine staff offices and eight Directorates. Two other Directors General perform functions of analysis, research and guidance and responsibilities for coordination with the Department of General Administration, Personnel and Services. A senior advisory board, reporting directly to the Director General of the Treasury (DGT), is responsible for elaborating analyses and studies and providing guidance on matters falling within the Treasury’s area of responsibility.
A General Director is in charge of each Directorate. Each Directorate of the Department of the Treasury is divided into executive offices with specific competences established by the Decree issued by the Ministry of Economy and Finance on 28.01.2009.
Ministero dell'Economia e delle Finanze
Dipartimento del Tesoro
Via XX Settembre, 97