Directorate VIII - Actions to Enhance Public Asset Value is responsible for the following:
- streamlining, value-enhancement and sale of assets of the central government and of non-territorial public entities with reference to receivables, concessions and other assets, and with the exclusion of share holdings and real-estate assets; activity of guidance with respect to the central government administrations responsible for direct management of part of the assets;
- definition of the general guidelines for the value enhancement of the real-property assets of non-territorial public entities;
- definition of the guidelines for plans to sell off the real-property assets of non-territorial public entities;
- management, through agreement with regions, local entities and the public entities involved, of programmes for the disposal of non-central government real-property assets to be achieved, by means of securitisation transactions as well as the establishment of real estate investment funds, through preparation and execution of the transaction on the markets, managing the relationships with the rating agencies and the other entities involved;
- preparation of an asset statement at market prices, for the purpose of managing the assets and enhancing asset value.