Directorate V consists of 8 specific offices and is responsible for the following:
- analysis and assessment of the risk and the vulnerabilities of the financial system, and development of policies to prevent criminal acts such as: money laundering, usury, corruption, euro counterfeiting, financing of terrorism, financing of weapons of mass destruction, financing of activities of countries that threaten peace and international security, illegal use of cash and payment means, and related fraud;
- monitoring of the implementation of related laws and regulations, including the application of sanctions, and related disputes;
- secretary of the Financial Security Committee;
- relationships with EU institutions and international organisations for matters relating to the prevention of the use of financial systems for illegal purposes;
- cooperation with the financial police (Guardia di Finanza) for matters under the Section’s responsibility.