Directorate V is responsible for the following:
- analysis of the vulnerabilities of the financial system, with respect to phenomena such as money laundering, usury, the financing of terrorism, aimed at strengthening of safety net around financial system. Administrative sanctions, for violations related to cases of money laundering, usury, the lack of disclosure with regard to the transfer abroad of cash or bearer securities, the financing of terrorism, and financial sanctions; management of the related legal disputes;
- activities related to the prevention of usury: definition of interest-rate thresholds; management of the fund of the prevention of usury, relationships with targeted recipients thereof;
- secretariat and preparation of the financial security committee;
- planning and implementation of financial sanctions ;
- relationships with the international organizations for matters falling within the Directorate's area of responsibility, including the EU, the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, and the Financial Action Task Force.
Acting General Director:
Fax +39 06 47613031